We have a dedicated group of committee members and we have lots of help from a wider group. During the last few months we’ve been busy with the following activities:
- working on the website
- tweeting @OnchanPark- please follow us!
- writing a constitution
- setting up the online survey
- planning a door-to-door survey of local people
- meeting with MPs and Gedling Borough Councillors
- planning media contact- radio, TV, newspapers
- writing a valid petition to circulate to local people and put in local shops/businesses
- setting up focus groups with schools and older people and other groups
- planning events for the Summer months
- sourcing funding and opening a bank account
- designing posters and magazine articles
- writing meeting minutes
- contacting local shops and businesses to gain support
- meeting with local ‘friends of’ groups to get ideas
- surveying the trees and hedges on the park
- and probably much more! Please let me know if I’ve forgotten anything!
All this is to work up our proposal to put to the Cabinet as an alternative option to the ones they currently have.
If you have any skills you’d like to share, please tell us in the comments or on the contact us page.